facebook logo CS
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss everything related to goose blinds and building blinds here - But nothing else please.

TOPIC: Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass)

Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8368

I have started using synthetic grasses to help conceal my Hitman layout blind and my dog's GHG Ground Force blind for the last few years. I tie some of the grass directly to the straps, zip tie some of the grass to the straps, and then I zip tie some of the grass to clothes pins. Using the clothes pins is pretty nice since you can switch out different colors for different situations. I try to use a good mix of the synthetic grass and real crop stubble.
Using the fake grass cuts down the stubbling process a lot.

Here are a couple pics of my dog's blind. Nelli thought we were going hunting and she wouldn't get out of it while I was working on it.

Here are a couple pics of my blind with some of the fake grass clips on it. Just partially covered to see the difference.

And here are some pics of the grass zip tied to the clothes pins.

I am still working on getting all the fake grass I have into bundles. I will add some more pics when I get it completely covered. This is a fun project to do and helps pass time in the off season or when the hunting is slow.
  • Nick Roehl
Last Edit: 3 years 5 months ago by Nick Roehl.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8369

When I get a layout blind I'll let you grass it up for me.Yours looks good to me..
  • Michael Bailey
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 11

Re: Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8371

I think you and I may have learned how to grass up our blinds at the same place. Does your dog eat the grass when he gets bored too?
  • P-RO

Re: Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8377

P-RO wrote:
I think you and I may have learned how to grass up our blinds at the same place. Does your dog eat the grass when he gets bored too?

Nice, I learned by trial and error. And no my dog doesn't eat the grass thank god.
  • Nick Roehl

Re: Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8406

Nick the industry has made huge improvements over the last 5 years. That looks great. Looks more natural than the old Hawain style grasses of the past.
  • Mike Hauser
  • True Junkie
  • Thank you received: 109
Indiana Pro Staff: Promote the DuckJunkies name and make a positive influence.
FORUM MANAGER: All forums are post moderated; however, to maintain a welcoming environment, it must be a group effort. Please use common sense: Be Appropriate, Consider Your Post, No Advertisements, It’s All Opinion, Be Nice, Some things Are Private, You Can Get Kicked Off THESE RULES ALSO APPLY TO OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY.

Re:Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8418

We've actually working on a video on how to use Killerweed on a layout. Coming as soon as I'm done with the editing.
  • Terry M
  • True Junkie
  • Thank you received: 68
Terry Mahoney

Re:Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8419

We've actually working on a video on how to use Killerweed on a layout. Coming as soon as I'm done with the editing.
  • Terry M
  • True Junkie
  • Thank you received: 68
Terry Mahoney

Re:Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8426

I like the clothspin idea you could carry several diff. colors in a cheap duffle bag in your truck or trailer and adjust the color when you know where your setting up, it's got to be a great time saver also, and cut down on mildew if you leave the natural vegetation on to long. Good tip Nick
  • Micky
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 8

Re:Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8429

Micky wrote:
I like the clothspin idea you could carry several diff. colors in a cheap duffle bag in your truck or trailer and adjust the color when you know where your setting up, it's got to be a great time saver also, and cut down on mildew if you leave the natural vegetation on to long. Good tip Nick

Thanks Micky. I have a huge 50 gallon leaf bag full of bundles of different colors. It does cut down on the mildew, mold, and time spent setting up.
  • Nick Roehl

Re:Layout blind concealment(Synthetic grass) 3 years 5 months ago #8431

Man, why haven't i thought of that before? I am gonna start picking different grasses where i hunt and bundle it up and it in bags! Thanks for the idea brother Nick!!
  • Roy
  • True Junkie
  • Thank you received: 7
Moderators: Mike Hauser
Time to create page: 0.360 seconds

Newest Users

• sdefgfsg421
  • sdefgfbg421
  • bhgvto421
  • 421l2mkjx
  • 4219nhye0ew

Who's Logged In?

• Eiswnybbp
  • yrbffg3zj
  • yafbtnxa