facebook logo CS
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss everything related to goose blinds and building blinds here - But nothing else please.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz

Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2464

I was wondering if anyone has used the Final Approach Stubble Ropes or Stubble Skinz to cover there layout blinds. I already have some synthetic grasses but I am thinking that Stubble Skinz would be the ticket in corn and wheat stubble.
What do you guys think??
  • Nick Roehl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2465

I don't know. The stubble ropes, I think have a lot of potential, but you better know your way around ropes or you are just going to have a heavy knot on your hands when it gets wet.
  • MichaelN
  • True Junkie
  • Thank you received: 38

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2480

I just watched a show with sean mann and they used those and they didnt look to bad but I wanst to impressed. They look like they could give you alot of trouble and they were hunting new ducks so I dont know how good they would work in the late season.You would still have to add some natural vegitation to cover the parts that the skinz didnt plus im not a fan of anything FA the stuff I have been around is really cheap. just my .02
  • RickW
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 7

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2488

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I use Avery synthetic grass and then natural vegetation the way it is right now when I can get away with it. I am just sick of spending all that time stubbling in my blind. I would like to have a set up for picked corn, wheat-fresh cut and sun bleached, as well as cut bean set up.
I don't ever buy FA stuff either because of the reports for the most part, plus they want $100 for that Stubble Skinz, which is way to high in price.
I see mojo sells a blind ghillie blanket. I might just use that to cover the dogs blind in the field and keep with what I am doing.
  • Nick Roehl

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2503

if you are lookin for a good all around camo pattern IMO look at the kw1 i have 2 blinds in that pattern and it works great in corn. I have also had it blend in nicely in winter wheat,and wheat stubble I will usually have a blind in kw1 and shadow grass when I go hunting and then pick out the one that looks the best for the field that Im in. I have used the avery grass and didn't mind it except it dosent always blend in. Its easier to take the extra time and just stuff your blind with what ever is in the field that you are hunting.just my .02
  • RickW
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 7

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2506

goosekiller83 wrote:
if you are lookin for a good all around camo pattern IMO look at the kw1 i have 2 blinds in that pattern and it works great in corn. I have also had it blend in nicely in winter wheat,and wheat stubble I will usually have a blind in kw1 and shadow grass when I go hunting and then pick out the one that looks the best for the field that Im in. I have used the avery grass and didn't mind it except it dosent always blend in. Its easier to take the extra time and just stuff your blind with what ever is in the field that you are hunting.just my .02

Yeah I have a Power Hunter in KW-1 and a Hitman in Adv. Max 4. I always stubble them in. I am just thinking of ways to use something else so I can have my blind stubbled in before I get to the field. Find different materials that will work for different situations. I am basically sick of spending 45 mins having to stubble my blind and my dogs blind. I would rather have it done if I can before I get into the field. That's why I was looking at these products. Even if it just cuts down the amount of stubble I have to use would be good.
I have both of my hips replaced so it would be easier for me to stubble my blinds at home and not bending over 50 times in the field if I don't have to.
  • Nick Roehl

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2559

I like to keep it light. As most people I hunt on do not like truck traffic in their fields. So the less stuff that is on My blind the better. I perfer to use cover that is in the field but not to take it from around the blind area. As Michael said earlier I wonder how much water they retain when they get wet.
  • Mike Hauser
  • True Junkie
  • Thank you received: 109
Indiana Pro Staff: Promote the DuckJunkies name and make a positive influence.
FORUM MANAGER: All forums are post moderated; however, to maintain a welcoming environment, it must be a group effort. Please use common sense: Be Appropriate, Consider Your Post, No Advertisements, It’s All Opinion, Be Nice, Some things Are Private, You Can Get Kicked Off THESE RULES ALSO APPLY TO OUR ONLINE COMMUNITY.

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 8 months ago #2561

hoosierwaterfowlers wrote:
I like to keep it light. As most people I hunt on do not like truck traffic in their fields. So the less stuff that is on My blind the better. I perfer to use cover that is in the field but not to take it from around the blind area. As Michael said earlier I wonder how much water they retain when they get wet.

I have been field hunting for 8 years at least. I am just looking for ways to cut some of the process down. As of now we use rakes and collect stubble far from the blinds. Even if my blind is full of real stubble that doesn't bother me at all trucking it in. I can drive my truck or a 4 wheeler in the fields most of the time. I just think it would be better if I could find synthetic stubble that would match any situation I encounter.
  • Nick Roehl

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 7 months ago #2631

i always have the best luck with the killer weed and then using the stubble that is available in the field... picked up a new trick the other day watching the new zink movie... when they camoed up there boat they took a pair of gas hedge shears to a patch of tall grass.. the natural vegetation looked awesome and easy to bundle up
  • duckaholic
  • Knows This Place

Re:Final Approach Stubble Ropes and Stubble Skinz 3 years 7 months ago #2638

duckaholic wrote:
i always have the best luck with the killer weed and then using the stubble that is available in the field... picked up a new trick the other day watching the new zink movie... when they camoed up there boat they took a pair of gas hedge shears to a patch of tall grass.. the natural vegetation looked awesome and easy to bundle up

I saw that too. Looked like a good idea. I use the killer weed and add in as of right now as well. Seems to work pretty good. I actually take a decent handful of the killer weed and zip tie it onto a clothes pin that way I can remove it easily. Works well for me.
  • Nick Roehl
  • Page:
Moderators: Mike Hauser
Time to create page: 0.390 seconds

Newest Users

• toledoi62l
  • pulido4np5
  • asiedfef416
  • tdsffeqr416
  • fsae0v416

Who's Logged In?

Sign in with Facebook

Current Top Members