facebook logo CS
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discuss everything related to goose decoys, and decoy strategies here - But nothing else please.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tanglefree FB feeder

Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 8 months ago #2091

I was wondering if anyone has tried any of those Tanglefree full body feeder decoys. They look pretty good and they are cheaper then most FB goose decoys. I am building up a new spread but I have a hard time spending $450 for a dz FB decoys, it's just ridiculous.
  • Nick Roehl
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 8 months ago #2096

I personally have no experience with the tanglefree full bodys. I really like the Big Foot Full body Mallards though. I purchased 6 of those ( 99.00 ) and 6 Hardcore full bodys (49.99) i used the big foots twice as much as the hardcores, and found that they are still looking brand new after one season. the hardcores have lost alot of paint, and are not servicable this season. i know the bigfoots are quite expensive, but at around 200 dollars a dozen, i believe they are really worth the investment. i plan on buying more bigfoots this year, but like you, am leaning toward a less expensive spread. the GHG pro grade full bodys mixed in with some fo the GHG mallard shells i think would do the trick!

let us all know what you go with Nick, hopefully someone here will chime in on the tnaglefrees.

-Thomas
  • Thomas Knight
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 1

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 8 months ago #2107

Thomask702 wrote:
I personally have no experience with the tanglefree full bodys. I really like the Big Foot Full body Mallards though. I purchased 6 of those ( 99.00 ) and 6 Hardcore full bodys (49.99) i used the big foots twice as much as the hardcores, and found that they are still looking brand new after one season. the hardcores have lost alot of paint, and are not servicable this season. i know the bigfoots are quite expensive, but at around 200 dollars a dozen, i believe they are really worth the investment. i plan on buying more bigfoots this year, but like you, am leaning toward a less expensive spread. the GHG pro grade full bodys mixed in with some fo the GHG mallard shells i think would do the trick!

let us all know what you go with Nick, hopefully someone here will chime in on the tnaglefrees.

-Thomas

I sold my decoy spread for $$ for college now I only have one dz FFD honkers but like I said they are expensive. I am in the process of building up some kind of spread. As for the FB mallards and Bigfoots my hunting buddies have a bunch we hunt with, but I don't have a trailer and even the B2's are $320 a dozen then if you want to bag them which I would that's another $100 a dozen. I just need an Avery or Bigfoot trailer to tip over outside of town! :laugh:
  • Nick Roehl

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 8 months ago #2115

ok tanglfree decoys are cheap but you need to look at them before you buy them the full body snows are the only ones worth it the reason the deks are very shinny and you would need to repaint them that is for the mallards the pins have a weird color to them and may attract birds and as for the canadas well if i was to buy them i would repaint them and then flock them good luck and if you do buy them let us know how you did with them cause im sure all of us are tired of paying top dollar but you get what you pay for i use FA fulls and they drop birds all day long but i only buy them at the end of the season when everything is on clearance
good luck and keep us posted

turn em and burn em

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 8 months ago #2140

Tanglefree is making a good quality decoy now days ,i personally don`t run them but i have a friend that does.He has told me that they are durable and well put together.I had looked at them at a Tanglefree booth at a show and they looked fine talked with the rep and he gave me good info of them being durable also .Now the paint looked to be fine to me but of course i was indoors also with poor lighting .I would suggest that maybe some others have a few photo to help out that are in the sun .
  • Brock
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 7

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 8 months ago #2141

If i was you and i was looking to buy full body goose decoys i would go with the dakota decoys, i have hunted over them and they are tough decoys and worked awesome!!!

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 5 months ago #8169

I really don't like the tangle free full bodies there just not quite big enough for me that is my opinion. But i do really like there goose floater's there awesome and priced well..

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 5 months ago #8171

We just bought 4 Speck Tanglefree floaters, they held up good so far and the paint is not bad. I bought some of the full body mallard tanglefree's and the paint sucks on them. Most of them were digned up right out of the box, needless to say, they are for an ornament in my garage now
  • Chris Manka1
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 5

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 5 months ago #8172

For the Full body Honkers, I like Bigfoot or FA. I have both and the 1 upside to the bigfoot is the plastic they are made out of. They have give and reshape after you squeeze them which I would think would let the paint last longer
  • Chris Manka1
  • Lots to Say
  • Thank you received: 5

Re:Tanglefree FB feeder 3 years 5 months ago #8180

I have not purchased any Tanglefree decoys yet, but I think that next season I will add some full body mallards to the spread. I was almost forced to purchase the ones I was beating up at the store. I was kicking them in the isle, rubbing them together and just abusing them. They only had 6 left and I told the employee that I was only buying a dozen at time and eventually won the argument. B)

In my opinion I would say that they are worth the investment, and plan to buy some next season.
  • DuckJunkie
  • Gold Supporter
  • Thank you received: 86
Ryan Marrinan
FOUNDER
  • Page:
Moderators: Mike Hauser
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds

Newest Users

• gtfgias419
  • 419e1mkjx
  • ijgireg3419
  • nmakesdnhu
  • dfger419

Who's Logged In?

• Eiswnybbp
  • tgnqatuivgs